- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tagliatelle Alla Carbonara Recipe
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Bacon slices||2 , coarsely chopped|
|Diced cooked ham||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Grated cheddar cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Grated parmesan cheese||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2120 Calories from Fat 970
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 112 g171.7%
Saturated Fat 55 g275.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 1109.3 mg
Sodium 1950.3 mg81.3%
Total Carbohydrates 169 g56.3%
Dietary Fiber 7.1 g28.3%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 105 g210.2%
Vitamin A 69.6% Vitamin C 0.35%
Calcium 127.1% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In lots of well-salted boiling water, cook the tagliatelle for about 15 minutes or till just tender.
2) In a colander, drain properly.
3) As the tagliatelle is cooking, in a pan over medium heat, put the oil and butter and heat them. Cook the ham and bacon till they are crisp.
4) In a bowl, beat together the cheese and eggs.
5) To the bacon and ham, add the drained pasta and stir gradually and carefully till evenly coated with fat.
6) Pour in the beaten egg and cheese mixture and continue to stir over gentle heat till the eggs slightly thicken. Make sure that before the eggs start to scramble, the pan is taken off the heat.
7) Into a warm dish, spoon the mixture.
8) Serve right away with a crisp green salad and a bowl of grated Parmesan cheese.