- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tagine Of Lamb with Dried Apricots and Orange Flower Water Recipe
|Curry powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Ras el hanout||2 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||4 Tablespoon, divided|
|Lamb shoulder||3 Pound, cut in to chunks|
|Onions||2 , thinly sliced|
|Lamb consomme/Beef stock||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Crumbled saffron threads||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Chopped dried apricots||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Diced turnips||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced yellow squash||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Sliced zucchini||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange flower water||1 Tablespoon (Or More)|
Calories 1226 Calories from Fat 783
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 87 g134.1%
Saturated Fat 33.3 g166.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 241.6 mg
Sodium 1078.3 mg44.9%
Total Carbohydrates 41 g13.8%
Dietary Fiber 10.1 g40.3%
Sugars 25.8 g
Protein 65 g129.9%
Vitamin A 37.4% Vitamin C 31.2%
Calcium 20.4% Iron 47.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large mixing bowl, combine curry powder, ras el hanout, coriander and 2 tablespoons olive oil
2. Add the cubed lamb to the bowl and toss with the marinade to mix well.
3. Cover the bowl and refrigerate overnight, allowing the meat to marinate and soak in flavors of the herb.
4. Remove the meat from the refrigerator, 15 minutes before cooking.
5. Use a large heavy bottomed saucepan or a Dutch oven.
6. Heat 2 tablespoons oil in the skillet, over medium heat.
7. Add meat to the hot oil and brown. You could also brown meat in batches.
8. To the meat, add the onions and sauté till soft and lightly browned.
9. Pour in the consommé and water. Sprinkle saffron and stir to combine with the meat.
10. Cover the skillet or casserole and simmer meat on low flame, for 1 hour, until meat is tender.
11. Once meat is cooked, Stir in the apricots and turnips and simmer for another 30 minutes.
12. Add the squash at the last 5-10 minutes of cooking.
13. Check the seasoning, adjust to taste.
14. Last add the orange flower water according to taste.
15. Serve the stew over bed of cous cous or steamed basmati rice.