- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Chicken, Raisins And Almonds Tagine Recipe
|Chicken breast halves||8 , boned|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon (As Needed)|
|Onions||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), chopped|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), finely minced|
|Freshly ground pepper||1 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Fresh tomatoes||1⁄2 Pound, peeled, seeded and chopped|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Fresh parsley||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Cilantro||1⁄2 Tablespoon, chopped|
|Raisins||1 Cup (16 tbs), soaked in water and drained|
|Whole almonds||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), blanched|
Calories 350 Calories from Fat 76
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.5%
Saturated Fat 1.2 g6.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 99.8 mg
Sodium 361.2 mg15%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.5%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.9%
Sugars 15.8 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 18.2%
Calcium 7.3% Iron 15.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a Dutch oven, arrange the chicken breasts with 1/4 cup oil, onions, garlic, and spices.
2) Heat the chicken mixture and toss to coat evenly.
3) Mix the tomatoes and water in the chicken mixture.
4) Allow the chicken mixture to boil.
5) Lower the heat, put the lid and simmer for 10 minutes.
6) Stir in parsley-cilantro mix and raisins.
7) Put the lid on and cook for 20 to 30 minutes more until chicken is tender.
8) Using a slotted spoon take the chicken out and reduce sauce to a thick gravy.
9) In a non-stock pan, heat enough oil to cover the bottom and fry almonds on both sides.
10) Remove and drain the almonds on paper towels.
11) Dredge the almonds over the chicken and serve hot.
The chicken may be made ahead and refrigerated or frozen.