- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
|Fryer chicken||4 Pound, cut up (2 In Number, 2 Pound Each)|
|Butter/Margarine||4 Tablespoon (1/2 Stick)|
|Onions||4 Medium, chopped to make 2 cups|
|Ground ginger||1 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Stuffed green olives||7 Ounce, drained and sliced (1 Jar)|
|All purpose flour||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), chopped|
|Lemon wedges||6 (Thin Ones)|
Calories 644 Calories from Fat 405
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 45 g68.6%
Saturated Fat 14.5 g72.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 186.2 mg
Sodium 1348.6 mg56.2%
Total Carbohydrates 14 g4.7%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10.1%
Sugars 4.5 g
Protein 44 g88.1%
Vitamin A 20% Vitamin C 30.4%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 15.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Clean the chicken pieces by washing them and pat dry. In a heavy kettle or Dutch oven add few chicken pieces at a time and brown them. Remove them from kettle.
2. Add onions into the drippings and saute them until translucent. Add ginger, salt, pepper, paprika and 1 cup of water. Spoon the chicken back and cover.
3. Simmer for about 45 minutes until the chicken turns soft. Baste several times using liquid.
4. While chicken cooks, add sliced olives in small saucepan and boil. Drain the olives and keep them hot for serving.
5. Take out the chicken from kettle using spoon, and maintain the hotness. Spoon the liquid into a 2-cup measure and allow it to stand for another minute until the fat skims to top. Spoon off the fat and dilute the liquid by adding more water to make the measure to 1 ½ cups. Return to kettle and keep on boiling.
6. In a cup, blend ¼ cup water and flour until they turn smooth. Add into the boiling liquid. Cook by stirring the mixture constantly, until the gravy thickens and boil for an additional minute.
7. Before serving combine the bulgur with olives, and spoon it to the heated serving platter. Top it with chicken and sprinkled chopped parsley over it. Decorate it with lemon wedges, and put the petal in center. Team the chicken with gravy.