- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taffy Apple Cupcakes Recipe Video
|Carrot cake mix||18 1⁄4 Ounce (package)|
|Granny smith apple||1 Cup (16 tbs), cored, peeled and chopped|
|Caramels||20 , unwrapped|
|Milk||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Pecans/Walnuts, sprinkles||1 Cup (16 tbs), finely chopped|
Calories 318 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.5%
Saturated Fat 2.5 g12.5%
Trans Fat 0.4 g
Cholesterol 1.6 mg0.5%
Sodium 265.9 mg11.1%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.2%
Dietary Fiber 2.4 g9.8%
Sugars 32.6 g
Protein 4 g7.4%
Vitamin A 18.2% Vitamin C 5.7%
Calcium 5.6% Iron 7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350 F.
2. In a bowl, prepare cake mix according to package instructions.
3. Add in apple and cinnamon and stir well to mix.
4. Fill parchment-lined jumbo muffin cups 2/3 full with cake batter.
5. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes or until a toothpick inserted in the center comes out clean.
6. Remove from the oven allow to cool for 10 minutes, remove form, mold and allow to cool completely.
7. In a small saucepan over low heat, place together caramels and milk stir until melted and smooth.
8. Drizzle caramel sauce over the cupcakes; sprinkle nuts over top.
9. Insert a craft stick in the center of each cupcake and serve.