- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Tacos Recipe Video
|Tortilla||4 (Corn or Flour)|
|Tempeh/Ground meat||8 Ounce|
|Tomato||1 Large (Diced)|
|Lettuce||1 Cup (16 tbs) (Shredded)|
|Corn||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Sweet pepper||1 (Diced)|
|Onion||1 Medium (Diced)|
|Garlic powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Smoked paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Sweet paprika||1 Teaspoon|
|Chili powder||1 Teaspoon|
|Apple cider vinegar||1 Teaspoon|
|Olive oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Greek yogurt||To Taste (for topping)|
|Salsa||To Taste (for topping)|
|Cheese||1 Cup (16 tbs) (grated)|
|Avocado||1 (optional for topping) (Optional)|
|Cilantro||To Taste (chopped, optional for topping) (Optional)|
Calories 632 Calories from Fat 353
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 41 g62.3%
Saturated Fat 12.7 g63.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 38.1 mg
Sodium 942.3 mg39.3%
Total Carbohydrates 47 g15.5%
Dietary Fiber 10 g39.9%
Sugars 7.1 g
Protein 27 g53.6%
Vitamin A 67.8% Vitamin C 99.2%
Calcium 38.6% Iron 21.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Heat oven for a few minutes. Turn off and place tortillas (wrapped in tinfoil) to warm.
2. Heat pan. Add oil.
1. Add crumbled tempeh, onion, corn, peppers, and seasonings.
2. Cook about 10 minutes over medium heat (or until veggies are tender and tempeh is heated through), stirring occasionally. (Note: If using meat, add meat in place of tempeh, cook completely.)
3. In center of tortilla add a bit of the tempeh mixture and top with cheese, tomatoes, lettuce, salsa, yogurt, and any other toppings.
1. Either fold at one end and roll sides in, or fold in half (works well for a larger taco).
2. Enjoy with your favorite toppings, or the suggested ones in this recipe!
*This meal is vegetarian (unless you substitute for the tempeh with meat), and can be gluten free by using corn tortillas.