- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taco Seasoned Steak Recipe
|Taco seasoning mix||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Tequila/Dry sherry||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Round steak||3 Pound, cut 1 1/2 to 2 inches thick|
Calories 517 Calories from Fat 168
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 7.4 g37%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92 mg
Sodium 2937.9 mg122.4%
Total Carbohydrates 27 g9.1%
Dietary Fiber 0 g
Sugars 0 g
Protein 48 g96.1%
Vitamin A 39.3% Vitamin C 3.2%
Calcium 4% Iron 11.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Trim excess fat from steak; slash thick side of steak at 1-inch intervals.
2. Place meat in a zip lock bag or in a large shallow dish.
3. Combine taco seasoning mix, water, and tequila or sherry.
4. Pour marinade over meat.
5. Seal or cover.
6. Marinate overnight in the refrigerator, turning occasionally to keep meat covered with marinade.
7. Remove steak from the marinade and reserve the marinade in a bowl.
8. Grill steak over electric or coal grill.
9. Turn steak frequently and baste with reserved marinade every 10 minutes.
10. Grill for 30 to 35 minutes for rare or 40 to 45 minutes for medium well done.
11. Remove onto meat board and rest for 5 minutes.
12. Slice steak using a steak knife, across grain.
13. Garnish with parsley and peppers if you like.
14. Serve with mustards and a green salad.
15. Accompany with a good full bodied red wine.