- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taco Salad Recipe
|Ground beef||2 Pound|
|Taco seasoning mix||3 Ounce (2 packages, 1 1/2-ounce each)|
|Tomatoes||2 Large, chopped|
|Avocado||1 , peeled and chopped|
|Lettuce||1 Medium, shredded|
|Corn chips||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs), crushed|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce, shredded (1 cup)|
Calories 532 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.2%
Saturated Fat 15 g74.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.9 mg
Sodium 962.5 mg40.1%
Total Carbohydrates 16 g5.4%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 1.9 g
Protein 24 g48.9%
Vitamin A 83.3% Vitamin C 28.2%
Calcium 12.7% Iron 9.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a saucepan, cook ground beef and taco seasoning mix according to package directions.
2. Remove pan from heat, and keep warm.
3. In a large salad bowl, add tomatoes and avocado; toss gently.
4. Right before serving, add lettuce and chips; toss lightly.
5. On individual serving plates, keep salad; top with ground beef mixture and cheese.
6. Serve right away. Yields 8 salad servings.