- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taco Salad Recipe
|Ground beef/Turkey||1 Pound|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm), minced|
|Garlic||3 Clove (15 gm)|
|Red kidney beans||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned dark red kidney beans||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Taco sauce||8 Ounce (1 jar)|
|Chili powder||1 Tablespoon|
|Tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Chopped tomatoes||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Shredded cheddar cheese||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cheddar cheese||8 Ounce, shredded|
|Chopped green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Green pepper||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Sliced pitted ripe olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), pitted|
|Green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), sliced|
|Sliced green onions||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 565 Calories from Fat 172
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 20 g30.1%
Saturated Fat 9.8 g48.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.1 mg
Sodium 632.1 mg26.3%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.5%
Dietary Fiber 14.7 g58.9%
Sugars 4.3 g
Protein 43 g86.4%
Vitamin A 42.5% Vitamin C 61.3%
Calcium 36.9% Iron 41.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large skillet, saute the ground beef or turkey and garlic, until lightly browned; drain off the drippings.
2) Stir in the undrained kidney beans, taco sauce and chili powder.
3) Bring to a boil, then cover and simmer over a low heat for 10 minutes.
4) In a large bowl, add the olives, tomatoes, cheese, green pepper and green onions together.
5) Add the hot beef mixture and toss lightly to mix all the ingredients together.
6) Spoon the salad over 6 dinner plates lined with salad savoy leaves.
and serve with corn sticks, if desired.