- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Spicy Taco Salad Recipe
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Canned stewed tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 can)|
|Canned chopped green chiles||4 Ounce, drained (1 can)|
|Chopped green chilies||4 Ounce, drained (1 Can)|
|Beef instant bouillon/Use 2 cubes beef-flavor bouillon||2 Teaspoon|
|Beef flavor instant bouillon/2 cubes beef flavor bouillon||2 Teaspoon|
|Hot pepper sauce||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Garlic powder||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Ripe tomatoes||2 , chopped|
|Onion||1 Large, chopped|
|Iceberg lettuce head||1 , washed, drained and shredded|
|Iceberg lettuce||1 , washed|
|Taco chips||7 Ounce, crushed|
|Taco flavored chips||7 Ounce, crushed, a few reserved to serve (1 bag)|
|Cheddar||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
|Sharp cheddar||1⁄2 Pound, shredded|
Calories 769 Calories from Fat 359
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 40 g62.3%
Saturated Fat 17.3 g86.7%
Trans Fat 0.2 g
Cholesterol 124.6 mg
Sodium 1438.6 mg59.9%
Total Carbohydrates 57 g18.9%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 16.5 g
Protein 45 g89.6%
Vitamin A 41.6% Vitamin C 157%
Calcium 58.4% Iron 28.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Pluck lettuce leaves from the head and wash them thoroughly.
2. Place them in a bowl of ice-chilled water for 30 minutes until ready to serve.
3. Heat a large skillet over medium heat.
4. When hot but not smoking, crumble in the ground beef.
5. SautÃ©, breaking lumps with back of the spoon, until meat is lightly browned.
6. Tip in the tomatoes, chilies, bouillon and hot pepper sauce, garlic powder and pepper..
7. Mix well and bring to a boil for flavors to be absorbed.
8. Reduce heat and simmer for 30 minutes, stirring frequently, until beef is cooked and mixture is thick.
9. Drain lettuce and pat dry then tear into bite size pieces after removing the core.
10. In a bowl, combine the meat mixture with chopped tomato, onion and crushed chips.
11. Toss well.
12. On 4 salad plates divide the lettuce or layer in a salad plater.
13. Heap the beef mixture over the lettuce.
14. Top with cheese and reserved whole chips.
15. Serve immediately.