- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taco Rice Dish Recipe
|Long grain rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), uncooked|
|Lean ground beef||1 Pound|
|Onion||1 Cup (16 tbs), chopped|
|Chunky salsa||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Canned tomato sauce||8 Ounce (1 can)|
|Cheddar cheese||4 Ounce (1 cup, shredded)|
Calories 522 Calories from Fat 166
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.9%
Saturated Fat 9.6 g47.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 94.8 mg
Sodium 1020.5 mg42.5%
Total Carbohydrates 50 g16.8%
Dietary Fiber 4.1 g16.3%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 34 g68.6%
Vitamin A 23.3% Vitamin C 30.6%
Calcium 28.8% Iron 24.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2. Spray an 11x7-inch baking dish with nonstick cooking spray.
3. Cook rice according to package directions, but do not add salt and butter.
4. In a saucepan, add beef and onion; cook till meat is brown; pour off fat.
5. Stir in salsa and tomato sauce; bring the mixture to boil; reduce heat and simmer while rice is cooking for about 10 minutes.
6. Spread rice over the baking dish sprayed and top with meat sauce and sprinkle with cheese.
7. Bake at 350° F for about 15 minutes to melt cheese.
8. Serve the rice in a large serving platter and garnish with shredded cheese.