- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Taco Pizza Recipe Video
|For pizza dough|
|All purpose flour||250 Gram (or Tipo 00 flour)|
|Dried yeast||3 1⁄2 Gram|
|Warm water||160 Milliliter|
|Extra virgin olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|For taco mix|
|Red onion||1⁄2 Large, sliced|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||To Taste, finely chopped|
|Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Mexican chorizo sausage||70 Gram|
|Lean ground beef||300 Gram|
|Dried oregano||2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Mild chili powder||2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Ground cumin||1 Tablespoon (or to taste)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Hot sauce||2 Teaspoon (of your choice)|
|Canned tomatoes||411 Gram|
|Avocado||1 , peeled, pitted|
|Raw red onion||1 Teaspoon, chopped|
|Garlic clove||1 Small, chopped|
|Fresh cilantro||To Taste, chopped finely|
|Fresh lemon juice||To Taste|
|Cayenne pepper||1⁄2 Teaspoon (or to taste)|
|Sour cream||1 Teaspoon (generous teaspoon)|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Cheese||2 Tablespoon, grated|
|Tomato slices||3 (as needed)|
|Green onion||1 Teaspoon, finely chopped (or to taste)|
|Cilantro||1 Tablespoon, finely chopped (or to taste)|
|Scotch bonnet chiles||To Taste|
|Red onion||1 Tablespoon, chopped finely (or to taste)|
|Iceberg lettuce||2 Tablespoon, shredded (or to taste)|
|Hot sauce||To Taste|
|Sour cream||To Taste|
Calories 1485 Calories from Fat 671
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 76 g116.7%
Saturated Fat 17.5 g87.6%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 125.5 mg
Sodium 1544.7 mg64.4%
Total Carbohydrates 145 g48.5%
Dietary Fiber 22.1 g88.5%
Sugars 12.5 g
Protein 61 g121.2%
Vitamin A 104.5% Vitamin C 87.6%
Calcium 39.4% Iron 98.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For pizza dough, in a small bowl mix yeast and warm water. Set it aside for 5 minutes.
2. In food processor throw flour and aerate it. Add salt, and olive oil.
3. Pulse constantly and gradually add water and yeast mixture into it.
4. On floured surface, transfer the dough and knead for about 2 minutes.
5. In a bowl, sprinkle flour and place dough into it. Sprinkle little bit of flour on top and cover the bowl with plastic wrap. Place the bowl in warm place for about 30 minutes or until doubled in size.
6. Preheat oven to 500 degree F.
7. For taco mix, place a pan on medium flame and heat vegetable oil in it.
8. Drop onion and add salt. Stir and let it sweat for 5 minutes.
9. Throw chorizo and break it into small pieces. Add garlic and cook for 2 minutes.
10. Into a bowl transfer the mixture. In the same pan, throw ground beef and let it caramelize. Do not stir.
11. Throw the onion mixture back into the pan and give it a good stir.
12. Add oregano, chili powder, ground cumin, salt, pepper, cilantro, and hot sauce. Stir and cook for 2 minutes.
13. Put canned tomato, sugar, and flour in pan. Cook for another 10 minutes.
14. For guacamole, in pestle and mortar throw avocado, onion, garlic, cilantro, lemon juice, and cayenne pepper. Mash until nice and smooth.
15. Add sour cream and mix it well. Taste and adjust seasoning of salt and pepper.
16. On floured surface, roll pizza dough into a size you want.
17. On pizza plate lay the dough and spread taco mix evenly on top, leaving the edges around.
18. Drizzle olive oil around the edge. Lay tomato slices on top of taco mix.
19. Place the pizza in oven and bake for 12-15 minutes or until nice and golden.
20. For topping sprinkle green onion, cilantro, scotch bonnet, red onion, lettuce, and tomato on pizza.
21. Add guacamole, hot sauce, as sour cream to taste, and serve immediately.