- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Szechuan Pork Recipe
|Pork fillet||1 Pound (500 Gram, Tenderloin)|
|Groundnut oil/Vegetable oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||1 , cored, deseeded and cut lengthways into strips|
|Root ginger||1 Inch, peeled and chopped|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), finely chopped|
|Green chilies||2 , deseeded and chopped|
|Canned bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, sliced, drained (250 Grams)|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock/Water||6 Tablespoon (Cold)|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Dry sherry/Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Teaspoon (Soft)|
Calories 406 Calories from Fat 192
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.3%
Saturated Fat 2.7 g13.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.9 mg
Sodium 586.3 mg24.4%
Total Carbohydrates 19 g6.2%
Dietary Fiber 2 g8.1%
Sugars 6.8 g
Protein 32 g63.7%
Vitamin A 6% Vitamin C 96.7%
Calcium 1.4% Iron 3.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep pork in a poly bag and place it in the freezer for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. Cut the meat diagonally into 5 mm thick slices.
3. Cut the slices into thin strips.
4. In a jug, mix corn flour with 2 tablespoons of stock or water.
5. Add the remaining stock or water and rest of the sauce ingredients.
6. Stir well to combine.
7. In a wok or deep frying pan, heat oil over moderate heat until just hot.
8. Add pork and stir-fry briskly over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
9. With the help of a slotted spoon, remove the pork and set aside on a plate.
10. Add green pepper, ginger, garlic and chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute.
11. Pour in the sauce mixture and bring it to boil over a high heat.
12. Cook with constant stirring until the sauce thickens and turns glossy.
13. Return the pork and the juices to the wok.
14. Stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until the pork is tender and the bamboo shoots are hot.
15. Serve immediately.