- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Szechuan Pork Recipe
|Pork tenderloin||1 Pound|
|Groundnut oil||3 Tablespoon|
|Green pepper||To Taste, cored|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm)|
|Bamboo shoots||8 Ounce, sliced|
|Corn flour||2 Teaspoon|
|Chicken stock||6 Tablespoon|
|Chili sauce||2 Tablespoon|
|Sherry vinegar||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Dark brown sugar||2 Teaspoon|
Calories 399 Calories from Fat 187
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g32.4%
Saturated Fat 4.5 g22.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 99.2 mg
Sodium 541.9 mg22.6%
Total Carbohydrates 18 g5.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.3 g9.2%
Sugars 7 g
Protein 35 g70%
Vitamin A 2.7% Vitamin C 36.4%
Calcium 3.1% Iron 12.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Keep pork in a poly bag and place it in the freezer for about 1 hour until just frozen.
2. Cut the meat diagonally into 5 mm thick slices.
3. Cut the slices into thin strips.
4. In a jug, mix corn flour with 2 tablespoons of stock or water.
5. Add the remaining stock or water and rest of the sauce ingredients.
6. Stir well to combine.
7. In a wok or deep frying pan, heat oil over moderate heat until just hot.
8. Add pork and stir-fry briskly over high heat for 2-3 minutes.
9. With the help of a slotted spoon, remove the pork and set aside on a plate.
10. Add green pepper, ginger, garlic and chillies and stir-fry for 1 minute.
11. Pour in the sauce mixture and bring it to boil over a high heat.
12. Cook with constant stirring until the sauce thickens and turns glossy.
13. Return the pork and the juices to the wok.
14. Stir-fry over a high heat for 1-2 minutes until the pork is tender and the bamboo shoots are hot.
15. Serve immediately.