- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Szechuan Eggplant Tofu Recipe
|Cubed tofu||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Diced eggplant||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fresh gingerroot||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Stock||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||2 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
Calories 165 Calories from Fat 106
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.4%
Saturated Fat 1.6 g8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0.39 mg
Sodium 668.7 mg27.9%
Total Carbohydrates 10 g3.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.3%
Sugars 7.2 g
Protein 5 g11%
Vitamin A 0.3% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 3% Iron 4.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Make out ½ inch cubes from the tofu.
2) Also make out ½ inch cubes from peeled eggplant.
3) Take some fresh ginger root and mince thoroughly.
4) In a bowl, add stock, ginger and tamari to combine well. Set it aside.
5) In a fry pan, add little oil to sauté the tofu cubes until it becomes oily and crispy. Remove the tofu cubes.
6) In the same fry pan, add oil and heat up at 340°.
7) Add eggplant cubes to fry for about 1 minute or until the cubes turn golden.
8) On another wok, heat up 1/4 cup of oil over high heat.
9) Stir in eggplant, tofu and stock mixture.
10) Reduce heat and simmer the sauce until it reduces to a small amount.
11) Pour honey and season with salt and pepper.
12) For serving, you can add another 1/2 tsp ginger and a pinch of cayenne to make this hot. Alternately, add a pinch of hing or asafoetida to brighten up the aroma.