- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Szechuan Aubergine Recipe
|Groundnut oil||2 Tablespoon|
|Aubergine||12 Ounce, cut lengthways into 1/2 inch thick slices, each slice cut crossways into 1/2 inch strips (375 Gram, 1 Whole)|
|Fresh root ginger||1⁄2 Inch, peeled and cut into thin slivers (1 Piece)|
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut into thin slivers|
|Green chili||1 , deseeded and finely chopped|
|Spring onions||2 , cut into 2 inch matchsticks|
|Cider vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Sesame oil||1 Teaspoon|
|Vegetable stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Bean sauce||1 Teaspoon|
|Yellow bean sauce||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 113 Calories from Fat 80
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 9 g13.9%
Saturated Fat 1.5 g7.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 304.3 mg12.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.7%
Dietary Fiber 3.3 g13.3%
Sugars 3.8 g
Protein 1 g2.9%
Vitamin A 2.5% Vitamin C 16.3%
Calcium 1.7% Iron 2.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a jug, add all sauce ingredients to blend together.
2) In a wok, heat up groundnut or vegetable oil until hot.
3) Place the aubergine strips into hot oil and stir-fry for 30-40 seconds.
4) With a slotted spoon, remove the aubergine over paper towel and keep aside.
5) Stir in ginger, garlic and chilli into the wok. Stir-fry for a few seconds until it browns, for blending the flavors.
6) Pour in the sauce mixture into the wok and increase the heat to high.
7) Bring the liquid to a boil until the sauce thickens.
8) Place aubergine strips back into the wok and stir-fry for 2 minutes.
9) Sprinkle spring onions and thoroughly toss to combine all ingredients.
10) Drizzle in vinegar and sesame oil, just before serving. Serve hot.