- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swordfish Mole Tacos Recipe
|Canned mole sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Skinless and boneless swordfish||1 1⁄2 Pound, skinned|
|Mayonnaise||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|6 inch corn tortillas||8|
|Shredded cabbage||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Red / Green)|
|Chopped tomatoes||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2343 Calories from Fat 1096
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 121 g185.9%
Saturated Fat 22.1 g110.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 344 mg
Sodium 1919.6 mg80%
Total Carbohydrates 156 g52%
Dietary Fiber 12.1 g48.3%
Sugars 7.7 g
Protein 151 g302.4%
Vitamin A 44% Vitamin C 119.1%
Calcium 36% Iron 73.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Rinse fish and pat dry; cut into 1-inch chunks and mix with mole sauce. Thread swordfish, pieces touching, onto thin metal skewers.
3. In a small bowl, mix mayonnaise with 2 tablespoons water.
4. Have barbecue ready with direct heat at hot . Lay tortillas on grill and turn to heat both sides, 1 to 2 minutes total. When tortillas are hot, stack in a towel-lined basket to keep warm.
5. Lightly oil grill and lay skewers on it. Barbecue fish until opaque but moist-looking in center of thickest part (cut to test), about 8 minutes; turn once to cook evenly.
6. Put skewers on plates. To assemble each taco, top a tortilla with fish chunks, cabbage, tomatoes, mayonnaise mixture, and lime juice and salt to taste. Fold tortilla around filling to eat.