- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Pork Chops with Mustard Sauce Recipe
|Loin/Rib pork chops||2 1⁄4 Pound (About 1 Inch Thick)|
|White wine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Light cream||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Dijon style prepared mustard||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 572 Calories from Fat 372
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.9%
Saturated Fat 20.5 g102.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 150.4 mg
Sodium 533 mg22.2%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g2.2%
Dietary Fiber 0.2 g0.8%
Sugars 0.2 g
Protein 37 g73.7%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 2.4%
Calcium 4.1% Iron 20.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Wipe pork chops with damp paper towels and trim off fat, if necessary.
2. Mix 2 tablespoons flour, the salt and pepper and use to coat chops.
3. In a large skillet In hot butter, brown chops well on both sides—about 20 minutes in all.
4. Add wine and lemon juice and simmer, covered, 45 to 50 minutes until chops are tender.
5. Remove chops to warm serving platter.
To Make Mustard Sauce:
6. In the skillet stir flour into drippings until smooth.
7. Stir in cream, mustard and cayenne and boil stirring for 1 minute.
8. Serve chops with sauce.