- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Tarts Recipe
|Vanilla extract||1 Tablespoon|
|All purpose flour||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Confectionery sugar||2 Tablespoon|
|Red currant jelly||4 Tablespoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1696 Calories from Fat 819
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 93 g143.4%
Saturated Fat 58.4 g292.2%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 243.8 mg
Sodium 46 mg1.9%
Total Carbohydrates 196 g65.3%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 87.9 g
Protein 14 g27.8%
Vitamin A 56.7% Vitamin C
Calcium 4.8% Iron 32.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a muffin tin, place 6 paper muffin cups.
2. Set the tin on a baking sheet.
3. Pre-heat the oven to 350 degree Fahrenheit.
4. In a mixing bowl, beat the butter until it turns soft.
5. Then, add the sugar and cream the mixture until it is light and fluffy.
6. Beat in a few drops of vanilla.
7. Gradually add the flour, beating the mixture well between each addition.
8. In a pastry bag fitted with a large star tube, put the mixture in.
9. Pipe the mixture into the muffin cups, starting at the center and piping with a spiral motion around the sides, leaving a shallow opening in the center.
10. In the pre-heated oven, bake in the center at 350 degree Fahrenheit for about 20 minutes or until set.
11. Don't take the cakes out; Cool on a wire rack in their mufffin cups.
12. Gently sprinkle the muffins with confectioners' sugar.
13. Top each tart with red currant jelly in the opening in the centre and serve.