- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Steak With Carrots & Potatoes Recipe
|Flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Round steak||1 Pound (1/4-Inch Thick)|
|Condensed onion soup||10 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Carrots||4 Medium, cut in 2-inch pieces|
|Potatoes||4 Medium, cut in half|
|Chopped parsley||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 477 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 18 g28.1%
Saturated Fat 5.8 g29.1%
Trans Fat 1 g
Cholesterol 46 mg
Sodium 666.5 mg27.8%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.3%
Dietary Fiber 6.4 g25.5%
Sugars 6.3 g
Protein 31 g62.5%
Vitamin A 210.4% Vitamin C 72.4%
Calcium 8.4% Iron 19.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Pound the flour and pepper into steak with a meat hammer or edge of a heavy saucer.
2) Slice the steak into 4 serving- size pieces.
3) In a large skillet, saute the steak in shortening, until browned on both sides.
4) Stir in the onion soup, water, carrots and potatoes.
5) Cover and cook over a low heat, stirring occasionally for 45 minutes, or until tender.
6) Garnish with parsley and serve the Swiss Steak with Vegetables immediately.