- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Steak Cheese Skillet Recipe
|Boneless round steak||2 Pound|
|All purpose flour||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), melted|
|Canned tomatoes||16 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Whole basil leaves||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Chopped onion||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Chopped green pepper||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Shredded mozzarella cheese||6 Ounce (1 1/2 Cups)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2502 Calories from Fat 1202
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 136 g208.6%
Saturated Fat 69.7 g348.5%
Trans Fat 1.5 g
Cholesterol 808.7 mg
Sodium 3213.8 mg133.9%
Total Carbohydrates 70 g23.4%
Dietary Fiber 11.6 g46.5%
Sugars 6.4 g
Protein 246 g492.1%
Vitamin A 119.2% Vitamin C 140.1%
Calcium 110.2% Iron 174.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cut the steak into small serving sized pieces after trimming the fat off.
2) Dredge the steak pieces in flour.
3) Take a frying pan and heat butter.
4) Sauté the steak pieces until they turn brown in color.
5) Add the basil and tomatoes to it.
6) Season with salt and pepper.
7) Place lid on pan and allow it to simmer for an hour.
8) Ad the green pepper and onion to it. Stir them in.
9) Cook for half an hour more.
10) Sprinkle the cheese over cooked meat.
11) Heat it until the cheese begins to melt.
12) Serve as required.