- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Souffle Recipe
|Dry mustard||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Swiss cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
Calories 197 Calories from Fat 123
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.4%
Saturated Fat 7.7 g38.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 172.9 mg
Sodium 261.1 mg10.9%
Total Carbohydrates 7 g2.4%
Dietary Fiber 0.14 g0.58%
Sugars 2.5 g
Protein 11 g22.2%
Vitamin A 9.7% Vitamin C 0%
Calcium 21.2% Iron 5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a bowl, add egg whites to beat until stiff but not dry. Place aside.
2) In another bowl, add egg yolks to beat until thick.
3) In a small saucepan, add butter to melt.
4) Add flour, mustard, salt and pepper to blend in.
5) Gradually add milk to the mixture.
6) Cook the mixture by constant stirring until it becomes thick.
7) Allow the mixture to simmer for 1 minute.
8) Stir in cheese to melt.
9) Pour the hot mixture into the yolks and stir constantly.
10) Fold this mixture into egg whites.
11) Use the top of 2 qt double boiler to pour the mixture.
12) Cover the double boiler with a lid and bring the water to gentle boil.
13) Cook for 1 hour, or until the knife comes out clean when inserted.
14) Serve the souffle immediately by garnishing with your favorite toppings.
Do not let water touch top pan of double boiler containing cheese mixture.