- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Seasoned Swiss Fondue Recipe
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), peeled|
|Gruyere cheese||3⁄4 Pound, grated|
|Ground black pepper||To Taste|
|Heavy cream||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 403 Calories from Fat 248
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 28 g43.4%
Saturated Fat 16.9 g84.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 92.2 mg
Sodium 520.7 mg21.7%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.6%
Dietary Fiber 0.28 g1.1%
Sugars 0.7 g
Protein 18 g36.2%
Vitamin A 17.5% Vitamin C 1%
Calcium 59% Iron 3.5%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take 1/2 quart earthenware pot, a clay pot or a glass casserole. Add the wine.
2. To the wine add the garlic cloves. Allow to simmer uncovered for 5 minuites.
3. Using a spoon, remove the garlic cloves from the casserole.
4. Mix the flour with cheese and pepper. Blend well.
5. Add the combined mixture to the wine preparation, and simmer for 3 mins.
6. Stirring constantly add kirsch, butter and cream. Allow to simmer for 4 minuites.
8. Season with salt.
9.Serve with fresh, crunchy and crusted French bread.White wine is a delicious accompaniment.
Use the Fondue forks to spear the bread cubes . Swirl the forks into the warm cheese fondue.