- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Fondue Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm), cut in half|
|White wine||1 1⁄4 Cup (20 tbs)|
|All purpose flour||3 Tablespoon|
|Nutmeg||1 Dash, ground|
|Swiss cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), shredded|
|French bread cubes||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
Calories 331 Calories from Fat 163
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g28.6%
Saturated Fat 11.8 g58.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 60.7 mg
Sodium 155.5 mg6.5%
Total Carbohydrates 13 g4.3%
Dietary Fiber 0.32 g1.3%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 19 g37.9%
Vitamin A 11% Vitamin C 0.44%
Calcium 53.5% Iron 4.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a medium bowl, rub the inside with garlic and discard the garlic.
2. In a plastic bag, mix the flour, pepper and nutmeg.
3. Add the cheese and toss to coat. Keep aside.
4. Pour the wine on the bowl rubbed with garlic.
5. In the microwave, cook for 2 to 3 minutes at Power 8 or Medium High, until very hot.
6. Stir the contents of the plastic bag into this.
7. Place it back in the microwave and cook for 3 to 4 minutes at Power 8 or Medium High, until smooth, stirring twice.
8. Serve with French bread cubes.