- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Fondue Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs) (Neuchatel / Fendant)|
|Natural gruyere cheese||1 Pound (Do Not Use Processed Gruyere)|
|Freshly ground black pepper||To Taste|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2205 Calories from Fat 1290
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 147 g225.8%
Saturated Fat 85.8 g429.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 498.9 mg
Sodium 1551.7 mg64.7%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.8%
Dietary Fiber 0.46 g1.8%
Sugars 6 g
Protein 136 g271.8%
Vitamin A 86.1% Vitamin C 3%
Calcium 463.2% Iron 14.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take an earthenware casserole and rub the bottom with garlic.
2) Pour wine and heat it but do not boil.
3) Stir in cheese and then add cornstarch blended with kirsch.
4) Let the mixture bubble and sprinkle pepper.
5) On an alcohol burner, place the casserole and keep the fondue so that it is hot but donot allow it to simmer.
6) If needed, drizzle some more wine.
7) Serve with cubes of crusty bread and melted cheese dipping.