- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Fondue Recipe
|Garlic||1 Clove (5 gm)|
|Dry white wine||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||1 Teaspoon|
|Grated emmenthal cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Gruyere cheese||3 Cup (48 tbs), grated|
|White pepper||1 Dash|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Dash|
|Nutmeg||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), grated|
Calories 1708 Calories from Fat 1032
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 118 g181.3%
Saturated Fat 71.4 g356.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 370.5 mg
Sodium 907.9 mg37.8%
Total Carbohydrates 24 g8%
Dietary Fiber 3.2 g12.6%
Sugars 6.6 g
Protein 109 g217.2%
Vitamin A 88.2% Vitamin C 4.4%
Calcium 385.5% Iron 7.8%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Take a fondue pot and rub the interior with a clove of garlic that has been cut.
2. Heat the pot by putting it on low flame and add lemon juice together with wine.
3. Add the cheese and stir it with a figure of eight motion.
4. Add the cornstarch as soon as the mixture starts bubbling and blend well with the Kirsch.
5. Cook for approximate 3 minutes.
6. Add the cayenne, pepper, paprika and nutmeg to it.
7. Serve after dipping the bread in the fondue by spearing it with a fondue fork.
Leave the crust on the bread for easy spearing.
It is better not to use fresh bread as it tends to crumble when dipped into the fondue.