- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Criss Cross Bread Recipe Video
|Butter||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Garlic cloves||8 , chop|
|Italian bread loaf||1 Large|
|Swiss cheese||1 Pound, grated|
Calories 697 Calories from Fat 370
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 42 g64.9%
Saturated Fat 25.4 g127%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 112.6 mg
Sodium 729.2 mg30.4%
Total Carbohydrates 55 g18.3%
Dietary Fiber 2.9 g11.5%
Sugars 1.6 g
Protein 25 g49.6%
Vitamin A 24.5% Vitamin C 2.9%
Calcium 55.4% Iron 19.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Preheat oven to 350 degrees Fahrenheit.
2. In a pan, melt butter.
3. Add the garlic and tarragon let it cook for 2-3 minutes.
4. Cut the bread in diagonal stripes and cut again from the other end diagonally so it is criss crossed.
5. Add the cut bread on aluminium foil.
6. Pour the garlic tarragon butter into the bread cracks evenly.
7. Stuff the bread crevices with grated swiss cheese.
8. Wrap the stuffed bread in the aluminium foil and pop into the oven for 45 minutes.
9. Remove from oven and cool.
10. Sprinkle salt over the bread.
11. Serve as an appetizer or as a side dish.