- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Swiss Chard Omelette Recipe
|Eggs||8 , beaten|
|Swiss chard leaves||10|
|Garlic clove||1⁄2 Clove (2.5 gm)|
|Gruyere cheese||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), shredded|
Calories 319 Calories from Fat 221
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 25 g38.3%
Saturated Fat 12.2 g60.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 466.1 mg
Sodium 554 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 6 g1.9%
Dietary Fiber 1.9 g7.8%
Sugars 2.2 g
Protein 20 g40.1%
Vitamin A 165.4% Vitamin C 60.3%
Calcium 29.3% Iron 22.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a skillet, saute the chard leaves in 1 tablespoon butter, over a low heat for 10 minutes.
2) Coarsely chop the sauted chard leaves alongwith the garlic clove.
3) In a bowl, mix the chopped chard leaves and garlic, cheese, salt pepper to taste and beaten eggs together.
4) In a large omelet pan, melt 2 tablespoons butter, pour in the egg mixture and cook the omelet for about 5 minutes, or until it just set.
5) Fold the omelet and slide over a serving plate.
6) Slice and serve the Swiss Chard Omelet, immediately on individual serving plates.