- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweetheart Soup Recipe
|Sweet red peppers||8 , chopped|
|Celery||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), minced|
|Garlic||2 Clove (10 gm), minced|
|Shallots||1 , minced|
|Ginger root||1 Tablespoon, peeled, minced|
|Olive oil||1 Tablespoon|
|Chicken stock||4 Cup (64 tbs)|
|Lime juice||1 Tablespoon|
|Ground coriander||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Ground ginger||1⁄8 Teaspoon|
|Nonfat yogurt||1 Tablespoon|
|Evaporated skim milk||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 219 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.6%
Saturated Fat 1.4 g6.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 8.1 mg
Sodium 375.4 mg15.6%
Total Carbohydrates 29 g9.6%
Dietary Fiber 5.8 g23.4%
Sugars 15.7 g
Protein 10 g19.2%
Vitamin A 161.6% Vitamin C 544.1%
Calcium 5.9% Iron 10.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 3-quart saucepan, heat oil and saute the shallots, ginger, garlic, peppers and celery for about 5 minutes.
2) Add in the chicken stock, lime juice, coriander and ginger powder. Turn down the flame and allow the mixture to cook on simmer for about 30 minutes.
3) When the red peppers have become tender, take the pan off the flame and let cool for a few minutes.
4) Transfer the mixture into a blender in small batches and blend to get a smooth puree.
5) Transfer the soup into individual soup bowls.
6) In a small bowl, blend the milk with the yoghurt. Drop about 1/4 teaspoon of the mixture on one of the bowls.
7) With a toothpick placed 1/4-inch away, gently draw it through the droplet to make a heart shape. Pick the toothpick up when the tail end of the heart is about 1/2-inch long.
8) Repeat the pattern on all the soup bowls.