- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweetened Biscuits Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 1⁄2 Cup (40 tbs)|
|Baking powder||1 1⁄2 Tablespoon|
|Shortening||3⁄4 Cup (12 tbs)|
|Milk||2⁄3 Cup (10.67 tbs)|
Calories 462 Calories from Fat 238
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 27 g41.5%
Saturated Fat 7 g34.8%
Trans Fat 3.4 g
Cholesterol 2.5 mg
Sodium 469.6 mg19.6%
Total Carbohydrates 49 g16.5%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.7%
Sugars 9 g
Protein 6 g12.4%
Vitamin A 0.5% Vitamin C
Calcium 31.3% Iron 15.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 450°.
2) Mix flour, salt, baking powder, and sugar.
3) Cut in shortening to this and rub until mixture resembles coarse meal.
4) Stir in milk until well blended.
5) Knead the dough lightly about 3 to 4 times after turning it out onto floured surface.
6) Even out the dough to 1/2-inch thickness and with a 2 1/2-inch cutter, cut into rounds.
7) Take an ungreased baking sheet and place the rounds on it.
8) Bake in the preheated oven for 15 minutes or until golden.
9) Serve with coffee.