- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Corn Scallops Recipe
|Frozen corn||10 Ounce (1 Packet)|
|Milk||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Cayenne pepper||1 Pinch|
|Nutmeg||1 Pinch, grated|
|Breadcrumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs) (Fried In 2 Tablespoons Butter / Margarine Until Golden)|
Calories 187 Calories from Fat 67
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g11.7%
Saturated Fat 4.3 g21.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 18.7 mg
Sodium 112.5 mg4.7%
Total Carbohydrates 25 g8.4%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.3%
Sugars 5.7 g
Protein 5 g9.7%
Vitamin A 6.4% Vitamin C 0.11%
Calcium 8.1% Iron 4.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Cook the sweetcorn as per the package directions and drain.
2) Preheat oven to 350°F, Gas Mark 4.
3) Melt margarine or butter.
4) Add flour and stir to mix.
5) Cook for a minute with constant stirring.
6) Now, pour the milk gradually, stirring continuously.
7) Boil and simmer the mixture it thickens.
8) Next, add the sweetcorn, nutmeg, cayenne, seasoning and cream and stir to mix.
9) Divide the mixture into 6 to 8 scallop shells or dishes.
10) Sprinkle breadcrumbs on top of the mixture in each shell.
11) Cut each bacon slice or rasher into 3 long strips.
12) Stretch the strips with the back of a knife.
13) Roll them up and thread each strip into a metal skewer.
14) Broil or grill the bacon until crisp.
15) Bake the scallops for 15 to 20 minutes until completely heated.
16) Serve garnished with bacon rolls.