- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Corn And Tomato Pancakes Recipe
|Pancake batter||1⁄2 Pint (300 Milliliter)|
|For the filling|
|Butter||2 Ounce (50 Gram)|
|Mushrooms||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Canned sweetcorn||11 1⁄2 Ounce (1 Can, 320 Gram)|
|For the dressing|
|Streaky bacon||4 Ounce (100 Gram)|
|Natural yoghurt||5 1⁄3 Ounce (1 Carton, 150 Gram)|
|Chopped mint||1 Tablespoon|
|Double cream||2 Tablespoon|
|Watercress||1 (For Garnish)|
Calories 298 Calories from Fat 120
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g20.8%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 27.7 mg
Sodium 579.8 mg24.2%
Total Carbohydrates 36 g12.1%
Dietary Fiber 2.5 g10%
Sugars 10 g
Protein 8 g16.6%
Vitamin A 15.9% Vitamin C 17%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Peel and chop the onion. Melt the butter in a pan, add the onion and season. Cook until soft but not browned.
3. Clean and slice the mushrooms and add to the onion. Cook for a few minutes. Drain the sweetcorn and add to the onion mixture.
4. Skin the tomatoes and chop roughly. Add to the sweetcorn mixture and cook for a few minutes.
5. Fold the pancakes into quarters; then carefully fill the cone shape which is formed with the sweetcorn mixture. Arrange on a plate and keep warm.
6. Remove the rind from the bacon and chop finely. Cook over a gentle heat until fairly crisp, then mix with the yoghurt, mint and cream.
7. Garnish the pancakes with bunches of watercress and serve the dressing separately.