- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweetbreads With Orange Sauce Recipe
|Sweetbread||1⁄2 Pound (1 Piece)|
|Wine vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Confectioners sugar||3 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Orange juice||3 1⁄2 Fluid Ounce (Extracted From 1 Fruit)|
|Grand marnier liqueur||1 Teaspoon|
Calories 620 Calories from Fat 208
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.3%
Saturated Fat 13.3 g66.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 568.4 mg
Sodium 1659.5 mg69.1%
Total Carbohydrates 60 g20.1%
Dietary Fiber 3.1 g12.4%
Sugars 36.4 g
Protein 39 g78.6%
Vitamin A 17.3% Vitamin C 56.4%
Calcium 4.6% Iron 9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Take a large bowl and combine 4 cups of water, six ice cubes and sweetbread in it.
2) Keep the mixture in the refrigerator for about an hour.
3) Remove the apple peel and core the apples after cutting into 2 halves.
4) In a 1-quart glass bowl, heat 1 tablespoon butter on high in the microwave.
5) Add the apple halves and cook for 1 minute on each side. Keep aside.
6) Remove the peel of cucumber, cut lengthwise and remove seeds.
7) Spoon out small balls of cucumber using a melon ball.
8) Take a 1-quart glass bowl and put cucumber balls in it.
9) Now add 1/2 cup water, the juice of half a lemon, and a teaspoon of salt.
10) Cook on high heat in the microwave for 4 minutes. Keep aside.
11) Take a glass baking dish and boil 1 quart of water with 1 teaspoon salt on high heat in the microwave.
12) Remove the sweetbread mixture from the refrigerator and cook for a minute.
13) Cool the sweetbread using cold water after removing from the liquid.
14) Cut the sweetbread lengthwise into equal-size pieces after removing the skin.
15) Sprinkle salt on the slices and mix lightly.
16) Sprinkle flour on top and remove excess flour.
17) In a large baking dish, melt butter on high in the microwave for 20 seconds.
18) Now add sweetbread slices and cook each side for 2 minutes.
Preparation of the sauce:
19) In a 2-quart glass casserole, mix wine vinegar and confectioner's sugar.
20) Cook on a conventional burner for 5 minutes until the syrup starts to boil and the sauce attains a slightly yellow colour.
21) Now cook in the microwave for 5 minutes after adding water and salt
22) Mix cornstarch and juice of orange in a small bowl, add into the wine vinegar mixture.
23) Stir well. The sauce is ready.
24) Add slices of sweetbreads in this sauce and cook on highest setting for 1 minute in the microwave.
25) Arrange slices of sweetbread on serving platter.
26) Add Grand Marnier to sauce, mix well and keep ready. Pour this over the meat slices.