- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweetbreads With Chanterelle And Kiwi Fruit Recipe
|Lamb sweetbreads||1 Pound, halved (450 Gram)|
|Light stock||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Riesling||4 Fluid Ounce (120 Milliliter)|
|Double cream||60 Milliliter (4 Tablespoon)|
|Chanterelle mushrooms||3 Ounce, halved (75 Grams, Use Fresh)|
|Kiwi fruit||3 Ounce, skinned (Two 75 Gram Pieces)|
|Chopped chives||15 Milliliter (1 Level Tablespoon)|
Calories 345 Calories from Fat 211
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 24 g36.4%
Saturated Fat 3.4 g17.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 2044.5 mg
Sodium 196 mg8.2%
Total Carbohydrates 8 g2.8%
Dietary Fiber 2.2 g8.6%
Sugars 2.7 g
Protein 18 g35.8%
Vitamin A 10.2% Vitamin C 95.9%
Calcium 3.9% Iron 22.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the stock, wine, parsley stalks and peppercorns and cover with cling film or a lid. Microwave on HIGH for 9-10 minutes or until firm and tender.
3. Strain the contents of the dish through a colander or sieve, keeping aside the sweetbreads and discarding the parsley stalks. Reserve the cooking liquor and return it to the dish and microwave, uncovered, on HIGH for 5 minutes or until it is well reduced and syrupy.
4. Add the cream and chanterelles and stir gently. Microwave on HIGH, uncovered, for 2 minutes, giving the dish a quarter turn halfway through cooking time.
5. Put the sweetbreads back into the dish and add one kiwi fruit, sliced thinly, and the chives. Microwave again, uncovered, for a final minute or until heated thoroughly.
6. Serve with the remaining kiwi fruit, sliced into segments, as a garnish. Accompany with light crusty French bread, herbed rice or stir-fried noodles.