- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweetbread Braise, Financiere Recipe
|White wine||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Mushrooms||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Olives||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Shallots||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 223 Calories from Fat 100
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 11 g17.4%
Saturated Fat 6.5 g32.5%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 253.5 mg
Sodium 6012 mg250.5%
Total Carbohydrates 3 g1.1%
Dietary Fiber 0.18 g0.71%
Sugars 0.8 g
Protein 17 g33.2%
Vitamin A 7.4% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 1.6% Iron 2.1%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a large saucepan, place the sweetbreads and cover with cold water.
2. Soak for 12 hours.
Wash thoroughly in fresh cold water.
3. Preheat the oven to 350°F
4. In a saucepan, add the sweetbreads, enough water to cover, salt, and whole spice
5. Boil for about 5 minutes on a medium flame.
6. Drain, refresh and dry on kitchen towel.
7. Arrange the sweetbreads in a roasting pan.
8. In a skillet, melt butter on a low flame.
9. Add shallots, olives and mushrooms and sauté for 10 minutes.
10. Add this mixture to the sweetbreads
11. Pour over the wine.
12. Bake in preheated oven for 30 minutes.
13. Transfer sweetbreads to serving platter.
14. Empty the cooking liquid vegetables into a saucepan.
15. Add fines herbs and butter and simmer sauce till thick.
16. Season sauce according to taste.
17. Pour the sauce over the sweetbreads.
18. Serve with bread.