- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
November Recipe of the Month - Sweet Potato Parfait Recipe Video
|Sweet potato||2 Cup (32 tbs), chopped|
|Orange||1 , juiced|
|Vanilla bean/Vanilla extract||1⁄2|
|For sweet cashew cream|
|Cashew||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Agave||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Water||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|For almond and date crunchies|
|Almond||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Dates||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), pitted|
Calories 276 Calories from Fat 130
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 16 g24%
Saturated Fat 2.2 g10.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 32.5 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.4%
Dietary Fiber 6.1 g24.4%
Sugars 11.4 g
Protein 8 g15.4%
Vitamin A 143.2% Vitamin C 23.1%
Calcium 13.4% Iron 14.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. For sweet potato mixture – in a blender, add in ½ of sweet potato and blend for a few minutes.
2. Add in orange juice, scraped vanilla bean, cinnamon, nutmeg, agave and remaining sweet potato. Blend until smooth and creamy.
3. For sweet cashew cream – in a food processor, blend together cashew, agave, vanilla bean and water. Set aside.
4. For almond and date crunchies – in a food processor, mix together almonds and dates.
5. In one of your favorite serving glass make layers of sweet potato, sweet cashew cream and almond and date crunchies, until glass is full.
6. Serve sweet potato parfait for dessert.