- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Jalebi Recipe
|All purpose flour||2 Cup (32 tbs) (maida)|
|Grained semolian flour/Rice flour||5 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Baking powder||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Curd||2 Teaspoon (plain yogurt)|
|Warm water||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Saffron threads||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Sugar||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Rose water||5 1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Ghee/Vegetable oil||2 Tablespoon (For frying)|
Calories 902 Calories from Fat 72
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 8 g12.6%
Saturated Fat 4.8 g23.8%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 20.4 mg
Sodium 34.1 mg1.4%
Total Carbohydrates 204 g67.9%
Dietary Fiber 2.1 g8.4%
Sugars 150.2 g
Protein 8 g15.1%
Vitamin A 0.1% Vitamin C 1.1%
Calcium 4.4% Iron 18.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Mix well and then add remaining water and 1/8th tsp. of saffron powder, and whisk until smooth.
3. Set aside for about 2 hours to ferment. Whisk thoroughly before use.
4. Prepare one string syrup by dissolving sugar in the water. Just before the syrup is ready add saffron and cardamom powder.
5. Take a polythene ziplock bag and cut the corner / cloth for the jilebis.
5. Heat oil in a kadai, Pour the batter in a steady stream using the bag to form circular coils. Make a few at a time.
6. Deep fry them until they are golden and crisp all over but not brown.
7. Remove from the kadai and drain on kitchen paper and immerse in the syrup.
8. Leave for at least 4-5 minutes so that they soak the syrup. Take them out of syrup and serve hot.
Now the jilebis are ready, enjoy!!!