- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Honeyed Grilled Shrimp Skewers Recipe Video
|Garlic||4 Clove (20 gm), diced|
|Olive oil||2 Tablespoon|
|White distilled vinegar||1 Tablespoon|
|Worcestershire sauce||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|White wine||2 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||3⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Medium shrimp||1 Pound, deveined|
|Red bell pepper||1⁄2 , chopped|
|Cremini mushroom||6 , sliced|
|Unsalted butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Honey||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Worcestershire sauce||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 429 Calories from Fat 193
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 22 g33.6%
Saturated Fat 9.1 g45.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 204.6 mg
Sodium 478 mg19.9%
Total Carbohydrates 31 g10.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.4 g5.8%
Sugars 21.3 g
Protein 27 g53.6%
Vitamin A 22% Vitamin C 47.1%
Calcium 13.3% Iron 30%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Add the shrimp, red bell pepper, and Cremini mushrooms.
3. Cover and place in the refrigerator for 1 hour. Place the skewers in cold water and set aside.
4. In a saucepan over low heat melt the butter and stir in the honey and Worcestershire sauce. After it is combined remove from the heat and allow to cool. Reserve a portion of the sauce for dipping and use the rest for basting.
5. If you are using a gas grill set the temperature to medium. If you are using a charcoal barbeque get the coals to the point that white ash is showing and the coals are glowing and are spread out in an even layer.
6. Take a skewer and thread red bell pepper, shrimp, bell pepper, shrimp and mushroom. Repeat.
7. Place on the grill and baste frequently with basting sauce.
8. Grill for 2 to 3 minutes on each side.
For more information please visit: http://www.simplefoodie.com