- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet coconut rice Recipe
|Rice||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Jaggery||1 Cup (16 tbs) (adjust the quantity of jaggery as per taste)|
|Shredded fresh coconut||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Cardamom powder||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
|Nuts and raisins||2 Tablespoon|
Calories 562 Calories from Fat 178
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 21 g31.6%
Saturated Fat 13.2 g66%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg10.1%
Sodium 62.4 mg2.6%
Total Carbohydrates 92 g30.8%
Dietary Fiber 3.5 g13.9%
Sugars 47.5 g
Protein 5 g10.8%
Vitamin A 0% Vitamin C 1.7%
Calcium 6.5% Iron 11.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Break the jaggery into small peices so that there are no lumps.
3. In a pan, heat 2 to 3 tbsp. ghee/dalda and fry the nuts and raisins till golden. Remove and keep aside.
4. In the same pan, fry some cloves and add the jaggery and coconut. Stir till it blends together and emits a good fragrance.
5. Add the rice (without lumps) and stir it well into the coconut-jaggery mixture.
6. Add the cardamom powder and the fried nuts/raisins.
7. Stir once more till well mixed and remove.
8. You may reserve some of the nuts for garnish.
9. You could also serve it with more ghee on top if desired.