- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Fish Recipe Video
|All purpose flour||1 Tablespoon|
|Black pepper||1 Pinch|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Tomato||1 Medium, chopped|
|Celery stalk||1 , chopped|
|Green onion/Carrot||1 , cut in 1 inch pieces|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
|Water/Chicken stock||2 Tablespoon|
|Parsley sprig||1 Small|
Calories 775 Calories from Fat 440
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 50 g76.3%
Saturated Fat 8.2 g40.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 237.3 mg
Sodium 1545.8 mg64.4%
Total Carbohydrates 39 g13%
Dietary Fiber 1.8 g7.1%
Sugars 17.4 g
Protein 42 g84.8%
Vitamin A 22.6% Vitamin C 22.7%
Calcium 7% Iron 12%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. In a wok, preheat the oil to 375 F.
2. Using a sharp knife, chop the tomatoes and celery and cut green onion in 1 inch pieces and set aside.
3. In a mixing bowl, place the fish and put all purpose flour, cornstarch, salt, pepper and egg. Mix well.
4. Place the fish in hot oil and let it fry for about 10 to 15 minutes or until golden brown in color.
5. Remove the fish and drain it on a wire rack.
6. In a wok over high heat, heat 1 tablespoon of oil, and stir in the vegetable for about 10 seconds.
7. Add the vinegar, sugar, soy sauce, and water.
8. In a small bowl, mix together cornstarch with water, and pour into the vegetable mixture and cook until the sauce thickens.
9. Spoon sauce over the fish, garnish with parsley and serve.