- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet and Sour Chicken Wings Recipe Video
|Chicken wings||1 Pound|
|Cooking oil||3 Cup (48 tbs) (For deep frying)|
|Carrot||1⁄2 Small, grated|
|Roasted peanut||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs), ground|
|Parsley leaves||1 Small|
|For the sauce|
|Chicken stock||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 634 Calories from Fat 381
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 44 g67.1%
Saturated Fat 6.8 g33.9%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 86.8 mg
Sodium 604.5 mg25.2%
Total Carbohydrates 23 g7.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.6 g10.2%
Sugars 11.9 g
Protein 38 g76.8%
Vitamin A 30.3% Vitamin C 4.9%
Calcium 4.3% Iron 13.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
Things You Will NeedWok
1. Cut the chicken wings into three parts, set aside.
2. In a bowl combine chicken stock, sugar, vinegar, soy sauce and cornstarch, mix until the sugar has dissolved.
3. In a wok preheat the oil to 360 – 370 degrees, deep fry the chicken for 12-15 minutes or until done.
4. Once done place the chicken on a strainer and drain the excess oil.
5. In another wok pour the sauce bring it to soft boil and add the fried chicken, grate the carrots in the wok itself and add roasted peanuts.
6. Toss everything together, until the chicken is coated well with the sauce.
7. Turn off the heat and transfer the chicken in a serving plate, garnish it with parsley.
8. Serve the sweet and sour chicken wings along with your choice of sauce.