- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Yogurt Cheese Spread Recipe
|Vanilla low fat yogurt||16 Ounce (1 Carton)|
|Mixed dried fruit bits||3 Tablespoon|
|Ground cinnamon||1⁄2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 676 Calories from Fat 175
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 26 g39.6%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g35.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 26.7 mg8.9%
Sodium 378.4 mg15.8%
Total Carbohydrates 89 g29.8%
Dietary Fiber 7.7 g30.7%
Sugars 68.7 g
Protein 29 g57.6%
Vitamin A 4.7% Vitamin C 5.5%
Calcium 64.7% Iron 99%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Use a cheesecloth to rinse thoroughly. Squeeze the cheesecloth to dry.
2) Place double layer of cheesecloth to line a colander or sieve and extend the ends over the outside edges of colander.
3) In a bowl, add the yogurt and blend thoroughly.
4) Pour this yogurt into colander and fold the cheesecloth ends over the yogurt.
5) Place the colander to drain on a large bowl.
6) Place inside refrigerator to settle for overnight.
7) In a small bowl, transfer the drained yogurt from the cheesecloth.
8) Fold in dried fruit bits, honey, and cinnamon.
9) Combine the ingredients and place inside refrigerator to chill.
10) Serve the spread with toast, muffins, or bagels.