- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet stewed Dried Fruits Recipe
|Mixed dried fruit salad||18 Ounce (500 Gram)|
|Apple juice||3⁄4 Pint (450 Milliliter)|
|Clear honey||2 Tablespoon|
|Half fat creme fraiche||2 Tablespoon|
|Orange rind strips||1 Tablespoon (Fine Pared)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 2437 Calories from Fat 52
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 71 g109.7%
Saturated Fat 16.4 g82.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 0 mg
Sodium 180.3 mg7.5%
Total Carbohydrates 420 g140.2%
Dietary Fiber 40.9 g163.7%
Sugars 271.1 g
Protein 18 g37%
Vitamin A 8.8% Vitamin C 260.7%
Calcium 13% Iron 75.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Using a small, sharp knife or a zester, carefully remove the zest from the lemon and orange and place in the pan.
3. Squeeze the juice from the lemon and oranges and add to the pan.
4. Bring the fruit mixture to the boil and simmer for about 1 minute. Remove the pan from the heat and allow the mixture to cool completely.
5. Transfer the mixture to a large bowl, cover with clingfilm and chill in the refrigerator overnight to allow the flavours to blend.
6. Spoon the stewed fruit in 4 shallow dessert dishes. Decorate with a large spoonful of half-fat creme fraiche and a few strips of the pared orange rind and serve.