- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Easy Sweet Sour Red Cabbage Recipe
|Red cabbage||2 Pound (1 Head)|
|Water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Packed brown sugar||1⁄3 Cup (5.33 tbs)|
|Vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Butter/Margarine||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 245 Calories from Fat 103
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 12 g18.1%
Saturated Fat 7.3 g36.4%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 30.2 mg
Sodium 553.5 mg23.1%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.7%
Dietary Fiber 4.8 g19.1%
Sugars 27 g
Protein 3 g6.8%
Vitamin A 57.6% Vitamin C 215.5%
Calcium 12.2% Iron 10.9%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1. Remove and discard wilted outer leaves of cabbage.
2. Quarter and cut core then shred coarsely.
3. In a large saucepan, cover the cabbage with water and stir in brown sugar, salt, and pepper.
4. Partially cover the pan with a lid and simmer the cabbage for 20 to 30 minutes until it is tender and most of liquid has evaporated.
5. Uncover and boil to dry out.
Stir in vinegar and butter
6. Dish out and serve the cabbage hot.