- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Sour Red Cabbage Recipe
|Red cabbage head||2 Pound (1 Head)|
|Boiling salted water||1 Cup (16 tbs) (To Cover, 1 Teaspoon Salt Per Quart Of Water)|
|Firmly packed brown sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Caraway seed||1 Tablespoon|
|Vinegar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Butter||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 1186 Calories from Fat 431
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 49 g75.8%
Saturated Fat 29.2 g145.9%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 121 mg
Sodium 287.7 mg12%
Total Carbohydrates 185 g61.8%
Dietary Fiber 24.8 g99%
Sugars 144.6 g
Protein 17 g33.1%
Vitamin A 231.7% Vitamin C 867.1%
Calcium 62.6% Iron 58.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
2. Remove and discard wilted outer leaves from red cabbage.
3. Rinse, cut into quarters (discarding core), and coarsely shred (about 2 qts., shredded). Put cabbage into the saucepan and add water to cover, brown sugar, caraway seed.
4. Cook 8 to 12 min., or until cabbage is just tender. Remove from heat and drain.
5. Add to cabbage vinegar and butter.
6. Toss together lightly to mix.