- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Sour Pork Recipe
|Pork loin||1 1⁄2 Pound, boneless, cubed|
|Canned pineapple chunks||20 Ounce (1 Can, With Liquid)|
|Water||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Brown sugar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs), firmly packed|
|Soy sauce||1 Tablespoon|
Calories 431 Calories from Fat 128
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 14 g21.8%
Saturated Fat 4.7 g23.5%
Trans Fat 0.1 g
Cholesterol 108.8 mg
Sodium 546.1 mg22.8%
Total Carbohydrates 38 g12.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5%
Sugars 27.7 g
Protein 37 g73.1%
Vitamin A 0.2% Vitamin C
Calcium 1.4% Iron 5.6%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a 1 1/2-quart casserole, place the pork, cover and cook in the microwave for 5 to 6 minutes, stirring halfway until thoroughly cooked.
2) In a 2-cup glass measure or a small bowl, mix the pineapple liquid, water, brown sugar, vinegar, cornstarch, soy sauce and salt together.
3) Cook in the microwave for 3 to 5 minutes, stirring halfway until thickened.
4) Pour sauce over the pork, then add the pineapple chunks and cook for 2 to 3 minutes or until thoroughly heated.
5) Serve immediately on individual serving plates.