- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Sour Ham Burgers Recipe
|Canned pork luncheon meat||12 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Processed american cheese||1⁄4 Pound|
|Quick cooking rolled oats||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Egg||1 , slightly beaten|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
Calories 267 Calories from Fat 137
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 15 g23.5%
Saturated Fat 7.2 g36%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 98 mg
Sodium 312.6 mg13%
Total Carbohydrates 17 g5.7%
Dietary Fiber 1.3 g5.4%
Sugars 7.4 g
Protein 16 g31.2%
Vitamin A 1.5% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 0.8% Iron 2.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat oven to 400°F before baking.
2) Process pork luncheon meat and cheese in a food chopper, using coarse knife.
3) Take a medium size bowl and mix together ground meat-cheese mixture, rolled oats, and egg in it with 2-tine fork until well-blended.
4) Figure the mixture into 8 large balls and place in a shallow baking pan.
5) Bake the balls for 20 minutes in preheated oven until brown and crusty.
6) In the mean time, in a medium-size saucepan, melt butter or margarine and then mix in brown sugar and cornstarch.
7) Slowly pour in water, pineapple and syrup, vinegar, and ginger.
8) Boil the sauce for 1 minute to allow thickening.
9) Take off the meat balls from oven and remove fat from pan.
10) Pour the sauce over and around meat balls and then place back in oven to bake for 10 minutes to allow blending of flavors.
11) Serve hot.