- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Sour Ham Balls Recipe
|Ground cooked ham||3 Cup (48 tbs)|
|Fine dry bread crumbs||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Vegetable oil||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Canned pineapple chunks||14 Ounce (1 Can)|
|Soy sauce||3 Tablespoon|
|Brown sugar||1 Tablespoon|
|Cider vinegar||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
|Green peppers||2 Large, quartered, seeded, and cut in strips|
Calories 497 Calories from Fat 206
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 23 g35.6%
Saturated Fat 5.4 g27.1%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 144.9 mg
Sodium 832.4 mg34.7%
Total Carbohydrates 35 g11.6%
Dietary Fiber 2.8 g11.1%
Sugars 17.2 g
Protein 41 g81.3%
Vitamin A 7.9% Vitamin C 126.8%
Calcium 6.1% Iron 18.7%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a large bowl, combine ham, egg, breadcrumbs, and shape into 12 large balls.
2) Heat oil and brown the balls.
3) Remove and drain on paper towels.
4) Drain syrup from pineapple and mix brown sugar, soy sauce, water.
5) Stir the mixture in the pan drippings, place ham balls in the sauce, cover and simmer for 15 minutes.
6) Blend cornstarch with vinegar to make a smooth paste and add in the pan.
7) Cook for 3 minutes or until sauce thickens.
8) Stir in pineapples and pepper and cook until bubbly.
9) Serve hot over rice.