- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Sour Filling Recipe
|Rhubarb sauce||1 Cup (16 tbs), sweetened|
|Orange peel||1 Teaspoon, grated|
|Orange juice||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Lemon juice||2 Teaspoon|
Serving size: Complete recipe
Calories 494 Calories from Fat 147
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 17 g25.4%
Saturated Fat 3.7 g18.3%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 185.1 mg
Sodium 506.7 mg21.1%
Total Carbohydrates 86 g28.6%
Dietary Fiber 3.4 g13.5%
Sugars 49 g
Protein 5 g9.4%
Vitamin A 23% Vitamin C 139%
Calcium 15.1% Iron 7.2%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) In a saucepan, mix the rhubarb sauce, cornstarch, honey, orange peel and juice, salt and lemon juice together.
2) Simmer over a very low heat, stirring continuously, until the mixture is clear and thick.
3) In a bowl with the egg yolk, stir a little hot mixture, then return into the saucepan.
4) Allow the mixture to simmer for another 2 minutes.
5) Turn off the heat and stir in margarine; allow to cool.
6) Use the filling to spread between 2 layers of cake.