- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Saffron Rice with Nuts Recipe
|Sugar||2 Cup (32 tbs)|
|Powdered saffron||1⁄4 Teaspoon|
|Long grain rice/1/4 cup uncooked rice||1 Cup (16 tbs), cooked|
|Almonds||2 Tablespoon, slivered|
|Seedless raisins||1⁄4 Cup (4 tbs)|
Calories 714 Calories from Fat 114
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 13 g20.3%
Saturated Fat 6.1 g30.7%
Trans Fat 0 g
Cholesterol 24.2 mg
Sodium 7.2 mg0.3%
Total Carbohydrates 148 g49.3%
Dietary Fiber 1.6 g6.2%
Sugars 106.9 g
Protein 5 g10.5%
Vitamin A 5.7% Vitamin C 1.6%
Calcium 3.5% Iron 5.3%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Boil the sugar and 1/2 cup water mixture on low heat until thick and syrupy for 2-3 minutes.
2) Add in the saffron and mix well.
3) In another saucepan, stir butter until melted over moderate-low heat and add the cloves, and cook until the cloves start to sputter.
4) Now add the rice and sugar syrup, mix well, and add the nuts and raisins.
5) Reduce to a simmer and cook the mixture, covered with lid for 5 minutes.
6) Serve hot with some extra sprinkled nuts on top, if desired.