- Recipes Home
- Interest Groups
Sweet Rolls Recipe
|Hot water||1 Cup (16 tbs)|
|Milk||1 Cup (16 tbs), scalded|
|Sugar||1⁄2 Cup (8 tbs)|
|Yeast||1 Tablespoon, dissolved in cup warm water|
|Warm water||1 1⁄2 Cup (24 tbs)|
|Eggs||2 , beaten|
|Flour||3 Tablespoon (To Thicken)|
Calories 344 Calories from Fat 173
% Daily Value*
Total Fat 19 g30%
Saturated Fat 5.6 g28%
Trans Fat 2 g
Cholesterol 111.4 mg
Sodium 1520.5 mg63.4%
Total Carbohydrates 37 g12.5%
Dietary Fiber 0.61 g2.4%
Sugars 28.2 g
Protein 6 g12.9%
Vitamin A 3.6% Vitamin C 0.01%
Calcium 8.5% Iron 6.4%
*Based on a 2000 Calorie diet
1) Preheat the oven to 350°F.
2) Beat together the shortening and flour, then add hot water, milk, sugar, and salt to make a creamy mixture.
3) Let it cool to lukewarm.
4) Add yeast mixture, eggs and flour to thicken.
5) Knead and let rise till it becomes double in volume.
6) Put in greased ovenproof pan and let rise again.
7) In the oven, bake at 350°F temperature for about 25-30 minutes.
8) Serve hot or cold as an excellent side dish.